5 things that make me happy

12:32

F I V E things.
If I were to sum up the 5 things that make me happy, it would be a difficult thing to choose but here you go: 5 things that make me happy (Winter Edition)

1. b i r d s
At the moment it is exam season as well as winter season. Which means that I spend most of the day, sitting at my desk cuddled up in a blanket, studying. It's normally quite difficult but one day I was studying and suddenly heard a few tweets outside. Not from twitter but from actual birds. It was only a few birds that would tweet calmly every now and then. I realized that although I was working and doing something I don't particularly enjoy, I was still happy because of the great vibe and atmosphere the birds set. It was almost like a calming sensation and it relaxed me and enabled me to work a lot harder. This being said that it just made me feel as if the birds were especially happily tweeting for me.


2. c o f f e e & p o r r i d g e.
One of the things that I normally have is tea but since I've been needing that extra burst of energy recently with having to learn for exams, a cup of coffee is really comforting. The smell of it is even better. Just imagining the coffee warming your system and the feeling as it touches your lips is super satisfying. This morning I made some porridge for breakfast and while I was waiting, lightly sipping my coffee, the entire kitchen bloomed with the smell as it cooked. Whilst enjoying my coffee, the thought of having a delicious meal soon also made me feel warm inside. One of the best part is also the motion of sprinkling the topping on the porridge. The way the cinnamon falls on the porridge and the way the almonds lay in perfectly separate places.


3. p e o p l e
It may sound a little creepy but have you ever just sat in a restaurant and watched people outside the window? I love to watch a couple walking together holding hands and being all goofy together. A mother shout at her children to listen to her before crossing the road just because she loves them that much to not want them to get hurt. An old man walking with a cane and wrinkles of a life well lived. A group of teenagers messing with each other and laughing. The business man choosing which flowers to buy his wife. The girl who has most probably been out running with her little terrier running alongside her. The old, the young, The married, the single. The rich, the poor. They all have stories and that's what amazes me. I would not like to imagine a world without each and everyone of them because without them, life would be different.


4. t h i n g s
Things that are old and things that are new. Something that you can physically hold and look at. The fact that each thing has a different texture and sound. Some things we take for granted such as the pebbles on the ground. Some things we give too much attention to such as money and cell phones. Some were once an obsession but now lie dusty in one of our cupboards some where. Others are kept for the simple reason of being able to look back on a simpler time. Either or, each thing has a memory. Although these memories could be both positive and negative, the fact that it still contains a memory is what make me happy.


5. m u s i c
If you have watched any movie or video or gone to an event you will notice that the atmosphere would not be the same without the music. Music is very important and I will stand for it no matter what. Music has a way of creating a sad mood or a happy one or any mood you can think of. A movement we all do at some point when listening to music shows how much everyone loves it. Whether it's slightly tapping your foot or have a full on break dance. It's weird to think that every moment there are more and more songs being produced and played and sung everywhere in the world and there is still so much to hear. I could listen to the same song over and over and not get tired or I could spend hours listening to hundreds of new songs that I've never heard before. The feeling that you can slip on your headphones and disappear into a world of you and your thoughts is what makes me smile.


I would love to hear what your favorite 5 things that make you happy this season so if you could comment them below that would be simply amazing ;)

Love you all

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate