Christmas Holiday Drinks!

15:16


I, for one absolutely, love holiday drinks. Especially if they are hot drinks. If you've been here for a while you would know of my love for tea. Bearing that in mind, I often have random obsessions for coffee. In other words, I go through phases of loving coffee (never more than tea but tea is put on pause while I enjoy coffee) These are rare and short phases and since I suddenly felt like coffee is my new fav, I thought I'd share my favourite concoctions before I dive back into the never-ending cycle that is my obsession with tea.

Today I have two to share with you. This may come as a shocker to most of you but in South Africa, where I live, we don't have a Starbucks. Yeah, I know. It's awful. However, due to this, I have managed to create my own Starbucks. Well, my own versions of it. My favourite ones are Gingerbread Latte and Choc/mint Latte.






Gingerbread Latte:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of plain coffee
1 Tbsp Ginger
1 Tsp nutmeg
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp maple syrup

Method:

Mix all the ingredients together in a mug and heat up to your desired temperature. Optional: Top with whipped cream or frothy milk and a bit of cinnamon. 







Choc Peppermint Latte:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of plain coffee
2 tbsp of choc mint syrup (I used an Ice cream topper syrup)
1 Tbsp of coco powder
1 Tsp of brown sugar

Method:

Mix together all the ingredients and heat to your desired temperature. Optional: Top with whipped cream or frothy milk and green sprinkles.


I really hope you try these both out and let me know what you think. Feel free to tweet me or tag me on twitter(@LockKayleigh) and instagram(@KayleighLock)! I'd love to see your creations.

Love you always


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate