Room Deco: Tumblr Timeline

21:48

Hey guys :)

So recently I decided I would redecorate my bedroom and because I don't (and probably a lot of you too) have much money to spend on decor so I have been doing research as to what ways I could cheaply decorate my room to make it still look really cute.... So basically I have been up to quite a bit and I thought I should show you all what and how I made my decor ... and who knows, there could be a room tour in the future ;)

The first thing I am going to show you is a Tumblr Timeline. To put it simply, it's just a bunch of Tumblr pics stuck up into a shape.





I do apologize for not taking pictures along the way but here is a simple step by step:
1. I collected a large amount of my favorite pictures off of Tumblr (Click here for my Tumblr Dashboard) and I inserted them all onto a word document.

2. I resized them to make sure they were not too big or too small... I just kinda guess the sizes but I didn't make them all the same size because I wanted a variety of shapes and sizes to make it interesting (This is just my preference but if you'd like to make them the same size then that's alright too.)

3. I then printed out my pages, one sided, in colour.

4. I began cutting and cutting out all the pictures.

5. I then took a blob of Sticky tack and roughly stuck it in the middle of each picture.

6. I began placing the pictures of the wall, moving them around and switching them until I got the right shape I wanted.

7. Then, one by one, I took the Sticky tack off the back of a picture and placed them on the four corners and replaced it back onto the wall.

8. I stepped back and made sure everything was right where I wanted them and then I was done :)

It really is that simple. You could also add lights to do it up a bit but I just left mine because I liked them the way it was. It took a little time placing everything but I think it was worth it because my bare wall now looks incredible :)

Please send me pics to my Twitter if you try it out because I want to see you all try it :)
And don't forget to hit the "Join this site" button so you can always be updated about my posts ;)

Love you all

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate