Travelling Tips

13:33

For those of you who may not know, I am lucky enough to be travelling to Reunion Island next week. I'll be leaving on the 5th and returning on the 16th of July. I know that a few people may not have a clue where that is because it's not a very common place to travel too but it is located around Mauritius which is very close to Madagascar.  I'm beyond excited and due to this, I have already begun packing.

I thought that because it's now the holidays, a couple of you might also be travelling all around the world so here are a few tips I have learnt while searching the internet for the most successful trip ever.


1. Make a list.

When it comes to packing, the first step is to write a list of what you actually need. From there you pack the items listed. This way it will avoid overpacking. I know that sometimes (more often than not) I end up packing a few more items that is already listed. This is when you empty your suitcase again and write down everything you are placing in again. But this list is one you take with you to your destination. When you leave to come home, you have a list to tick off to make sure you don't leave anything behind :)

2. Check the weather.

For me, I'm going to a very tropical place so I know that it will always be hot, even in winter but there are some countries in which the weather can be unpredictable. In this case you don't want to pack shorts and swimsuits and when you arrive at you destination - it's snowing. Okay, so that's a little dramatic but what I mean is that you want to make sure that the clothing you bring will correspond with the weather.

3. Charges and Adapters.

This is something that people often forget especially when travelling internationally. The place you are travelling to may have different plug points to you. Don't ask me why they are different in the first place because I'm still trying to figure that out. My point is, make sure you go to the camping store to find an adapter for you respected travel destination. Also it's important not to forget your chargers for your devices because if you go away and you don't have a charger for you phone then you'll be stuck with not being able to contact anyone.

4. Suitcases in the airport.

There are a few things that can help you when it comes to your suitcase. If you didn't know, the weight of your suitcase can become an issue and this is why weighing your suitcase before you even leave the house is best. If you're buying a suitcase, it's a good idea to buy a light weight suitcase because that will help with packing. It can also become quite difficult to locate your suitcase from the convey belts which is why it's a very good idea to place bright ribbons or something that will help you to tell your suitcase from every other suitcase.

5. Prep for your house.

I know that when I pack to go to on holiday, I often forget about the living space I'll be leaving. I don't have my own apartment or house so normally my mum takes care of everything such as making sure the dogs will be fed but now that I'm getting older, I have a few things that I need to remember. I have to make sure that my straightener is unplugged as well as all the plugs are turned off. I need to remember to water my cactus before I leave. Small things like that but for some of you, the tasks may be slightly bigger. It's always good to take a walk through your house and write down all the things which needs to be cared for while you're away.

Hopefully these tips helped some of you. Wishing you all a safe journey and if you're not going anywhere these holidays then I hope you stay safe at home and have fun.

Love you all


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate