Réunion Island

19:18

For those of you who do not know, I am currently in Réunion Island. Réunion is a very tropical french island which has spectacular views. This week I'm sharing with you some photo's as well as a few things I learnt whilst being in the Réunion culture.

1. Réunion is surrounded by the ocean, obviously since it's an island but that means that there is lots of beaches. Although you can't swim in all of them because of the problem of sharks, they are all spectacular.






2. The sand is very different. In reunion the sand feels very grainy yet smooth. In South Africa the sand is smooth but it still hurts to walk on it in comparison to Réunion's sand. It also has parts where there are just pebbles an not sand whatsoever. Something that I thought was completely unusual is there was black sand.





3. Réunion is the island with one of the most active volcanoes. It erupts so often and the last eruption was about a month ago but the amazing thing is that the lava flows slowly and doesn't affect any of the people, in fact they actually drive up to take a look at the lava!



4. Friends were telling me that the people who come to Réunion Island for a tour often don't see the best of the Creole Villages. Fortunately we had amazing people that took us all the way up into the mountains to see some of the old villages :)










5. The houses are very colorful. I couldn't believe how many different colors were placed next to each other with still being able to look incredible. I noticed that most of the houses also had these roof decoration things. I absolutely love them. They make everything look so sweet and home-y :)




6. Spiders! In Réunion they have these massive spiders. Thankfully I haven't had an encounter with one....yet *_*




7. Just like in Mauritius the water is was extremely clear. We spent an afternoon at the lagoon in which you could stand there for just over 5 minutes and there would be fish everywhere. It was incredible. 



8. In Réunion they have very unusual fruits. Fortunately we were able to get a few 'Starfruits' to try out. They are very interesting looking and I guess not everyone's cup of tea since I know my sister didn't like it at all. 

Hopefully I encouraged some of you to take a visit to Réunion. I really think that your trip will definitely be worth it because of the endless activities you can do and how much there is to see. It really isn't a small island! ;) Let me know if I encouraged you to book your ticket :)

Love you all






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate