Songs for a free spirit

13:58

If there's something I have learnt about meeting new people is that you can learn a lot just by knowing the type of music they like. I thought that because of this I would share with you my favourite songs at the moment because I feel like you don't really know me that well and maybe I should introduce myself... Hi I'm Kayleigh and these are my favourite songs (at the moment)

In no particular order...
1. Make Me Feel Better ( Klingande Club Remix) - Alex Adair
This song is always that type of song I like to listen to while I am lying on my bed drawing something or writing on my laptop on a Sunday afternoon. It's very upbeat yet relaxing at the same time. It makes we want to dance but is also the type of song to inspire you to work. Kinda an in between song. Whenever I hear this song, I picture myself sitting by my window with the wind blowing whilst I draw in my visual journal.



2.  Bad Blood - Taylor Swift ft Kendrick Lamar
Everybody needs that song that is very upbeat and just wants you to leap up and dance like you really don't care or to blurt out the lyrics in maybe not the best key or pitch. This song has a lot of meaningful words that can relate to anyone going through a heartbreak of any kind. It makes you feel confident and to make you feel like you're in control over the issue. It's really inspiring.


3. Woodland - The Paper Kites
You may have heard 'Featherstone' in my Pictures video a few weeks back but without a doubt, The Paper Kites are one of my favourite bands at the moment. This song is very soft yet it still has a beat. The voice is very light and calming. This song reminds me of lying by the poolside or taking a short hike through the nature in the mountains. It's very free spirited and has an indie vibe about it which I'm absolutely obsessed with.


4. Mountain and The Sea - Ingrid Michaelson
This song makes you want to move and dance to but it isn't like a crazy upbeat song because although the guitar is very upbeat, Ingrid voice is very soft and smooth and slow which I feel, really makes the song. It always reminds me of one of my favourite movies Monte Carlo. This song is featured in a part when everything seems to be going awfully-perfectly-right. What I mean is that although there was a pretty terrible situation the girls were stuck in, it worked out and they were having a great time.



5.  Shot At The Night - The Killers
This song is very inspiring. It's about taking a risk and doing something crazy at least once in your life. To me it's about letting lose and doing thing your way and not caring about what others think. It's very much a crazy and free song. I love it because the words are really clear and easy to listen too.


6. I Can Talk - Two Door Cinema Club
This song is definitely the song to make you want to get and dance very fast and lose yourself in the song.  It's the song that I often turn louder and hear my brother nervously asking me to turn it down when he goes off to bed. There's been times when I get catch bobbing my head to it at my desk while i'm trying to concentrate and do my homework ^_^ When I first heard it I was a little bit confused by the beginning but after listening it to a few seconds long, I became obsessed. It turns out that the song, the lead singer Alex said was about how the band began talking about record deals and they were tired of people telling them what to do and so they began standing up for themselves and stopped the record dealers for telling what to do. Incredible how standing up for yourself can change things.

7. Northern Lights - Jaymes Young
This song is actually quite sad when you listen to the lyrics but I guess that's why I love it. It's such as sad story, in my opinion, about a girl who drinks alcohol and wanting to know what it would be like if she wasn't on earth any longer. It is sad about Jaymes' voice is so clean and pure and maybe that's why I love it so much but I love to listen to this when I am relaxing at home and maybe going through twitter or some other social media.


8. Old Pine (Peking Duk Remix) - Ben Howard
I don't actually know what it is about this song that makes me love it so much, maybe it's the catchy tune about it but I am in love with this song. I can't get it out of my head and 'Careless and young' is a phrase that stays on repeat in my head which is good because I want to be a person who doesn't have to be anxious about anything and to just focus on living my life.


9. Naive - The Kooks
I think it's the fact that it played in 17 again or the fact that it's just an amazing song that got me hooked on this song. I love The Kooks' accents and their style of music. I have been in love with this song for so long. It's that song that you never get tired of listening to me. This song has been in my playlist for absolute ages and I have not skipped it once. That's just how much I love it :)


10. You're Worth It - Cimorelli
This is a song that helped me get through a rough patch in my life. The words are so inspiring and true and there are a few phrases in the song that stay in my head no matter what. When I'm feeling down then this is the song I listen too. The girls have such harmonising voices and it's just so beautiful.

That's my top 10 songs of the moment and I highly recommend you listen to the songs if you haven't heard them, even if it's one or two. Let me know which is your favourite or what type of music you like to listen too :) I loved to be exposed to different styles too :) P.S. There are links to the songs down below :)

Love you all

Shot At The Night - The Killers
I Can Talk - Two Door Cinema Club
Northern Lights - Jaymes Young
Old Pine (Peking Duk Remix) - Ben Howard
Naive - The Kooks
You're Worth It - Cimorelli

*Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Album covers on this post nor the videos linked to each song.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate