Top 10 Books to read

14:00

I don't know what it is that has possessed me to love books so much recently. I never used to be a reader or 'bookworm' but for some reason it's like a switch was turned on and now it's all I can think about. My google search history is mostly full of "best book recommendations" "top 100 books of 2015" "books about love" "books with clever twists" etc, etc. I have spent so much time looking for books and often not succeeding so to any of my fellow readers... here's my top 10 books to read as of now: (in no particular order)



1. Girl Online - Zoe Sugg


I follow Zoe on her blog and when I found out that she was writing a novel I couldn't contain my excitement. I know that there is a bit of controversy with the apparent ghost writer but the way I see it - The book is incredible no matter what. It doesn't matter if the ghost writer wrote small bits to enhance the book or the entire book, the story is so full of ups and downs and if you're looking for a book that is sweet and romantic and just a feel good book then I highly recommend this book. You'll laugh, cry and just fall in love with this book, just like I did.

2. God Girl - Hayley DiMarco


This book is one I read quite a while ago and it was just so incredible and eye opening that it never left me. Basically this book is for those women wanting to become a woman of God. Hayley uses her words to create images in which it is easier to understand certain things in the bible which help a woman in life. The book is beautiful and so well laid out as well as being so beautifully written that I couldn't help but read it again and again ( I'm currently re-reading it ) I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to start a new life and walk with God.

3. Looking For Alaska - John Green


This book is one I know is on a lot of people's lists but I could help but include it since it was so amazing. The book had problems and issues that teens have to deal with whilst going through school and I really think John has an ability to show the reader what it's like to experience living with a troubled person. In this case, a girl named Alaska. In this book, John has used a certain style which keeps your attention. I was waiting to find out what happened next and it was just an amazing experience. I would say that if you like mystery and confusion as well as having to deal with teen issues then you should definitely pick up this book if you haven't already.

4. Paper Towns - John Green


Yes, I know it's another John Green but he's such a freaking amazing writer! This book involves a mystery and a problem which needs to be solved. It tells of a boy named Quentin 'Q' embarking on a search for old friend, Margo. It was a sweet and hilarious book that is great for if you want a easy deep-but-not-to-deep book.

5. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern


I could go on and on about this book because I was so obsessed with it. It tells of a circus that only happens a night time and the inner workings of Celia and Marco who are unwillingly pinned against each other in a contest. The book obviously contains magic but not in a cliché way. The way Erin speaks and creates a magic flair throughout the book is just beautiful. It was very interesting and fun to imagine the magic. I recommend it to everyone, particularly those who think of themselves as big dreamers.

6. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han


There is actually a sequel to this book called P.S I Still Love You which I am yet to still pick up since I have recently read this book. Jenny has written a completely adorable and hilarious book for anyone who loves romance. It is basically about this girl who keeps letters that she writes to boys who she has had a crush on to sort of get over them. Somehow they get sent out to the boys without her wanting them to. I read this book around the end of June and I'm still obsessed with it and can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. I encourage you to read it if you love a cheesy romance.

7. Eleanor And Park - Rainbow Rowell


Rainbow Rowell is one of my favourite authors at the moment because her style is so easy to read and simple. Eleanor And Park is definitely a feel good, easy read about to unlikely people falling in love. It has laughs that you will remember forever. I think that If you liked and of John Green's books then you'll enjoy this book.

8. Saturday - Ian McEwen


This book actually started out as a set work required for my AP English class but after reading it I wished I had read it earlier because it truly is so so good. It tells in detail of one Saturday (February 15, 2003) which Henry Perowne goes through. Ian's extreme attention to detail is really want makes the book. I really recommend it if you looking for a quick book because it wasn't too long of a read.

9. Gideon's Gift - Karen Kingsbury


This book is part of a 4 book series called the red gloves series and Gideon's Gift is the first one. The books can be read in any order but I think it's best to start with Gideon's Gift because it helps to set the tone for the series. All of these books are extremely short stories with only ± 150 pages. They give insight to how God can work in your life with very sweet stories. Gideon's Gift is about a man named Earl who hates christmas for some reason and an innocent girl who has cancer and with an act of love, both their lives are changed. It really was a phenomenal read.

10. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee


This is again another book that will probably be on a lot of lists because it is incredible. If you haven't heard of it - it's not about a Mockingbird. It's about to siblings, Scout and Jem. They don't understand sin and evil but where they live, it is something they are going to have to learn to know and understand. It has a trial in it which is very crucial and their plays an important in it. If you like investigations then definitely definitely pick this book up.

That's 10 books that I recommend you to read if you haven't already. Hopefully you do pick up some of them and please let me know what you think, I would love to hear your thoughts, even if you have already read some of them. We can have a book conversation in the comments section :) Also don't forget to click the follow button so you can follow my blog on the side ;)

Love you all

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate