Credit Help

16:02

Recently I have been terrible when it comes to credit. I am 17 years old and I already became stuck in debt. Ok so I borrowed money from my sister and couldn't pay her back for a while and it was horrible because she kept nagging me to pay her back. My point is that being in debt is something I never want to be in again and I am sure none of you want to either. During this time I came up with a few tips that I am sure will help you stay out of debt.

Tip 1: Always know exactly how much money you have in your bank account.
Whether you have a bank account or not, it is still helpful to know how much money you have. If a time comes where you have the option to use credit, at least you will know how much money you can spend. You could also carry cash with you instead. I know this can be a risk but at least you can't over spend

Tip 2: Don't pay with money you "will get soon"
I am sure most of us have had that time where we are just dying to get something on sale at the shops but we don't have money. We decide to pay with credit and pay the next day because that's when you get payed. The problem is that we all live pretty hectic lives so maybe your payer is busy and can only pay you the following day which leaves you having to pay for the item PLUS interest. Maybe you can't afford it then and decide to save up but then you have more interest and it just becomes one huge mess. My point is don't use the money you "will get soon"

Tip 3: Store cards use and useless.
Store cards can be a plus or a minus. The ones where you can earn points by shopping is a plus. You go about you normal shopping and once you earn enough points you can get something free. The store cards where you can buy something now for a discount and pay later are the ones you have to look out for. Most people don't read the terms and conditions. Pretty much no one does. What people don't understand is you have a certain amount of days before you have to pay the full price of the product. This is where people are tricked.

Tip 4: Doggie bags
When eating out it is easy to see something you think looks amazing. I know I have done that plenty times. You order it thinking it will be perfect but then they bring it to you and it looks like something an elephant could eat because it is so huge. That's when you decide that it will be fine, you will just eat as much as you can. When the bill comes your eyes grow bigger than your head because it is so expensive. Then later you have to go home and you feel hungry again and you spend more money getting more food. This is what a few people I have noticed do. What they really don't know is that big meal they ordered, they can take it home. That way you have bought two meals actually because when you go home and you're a bit hungry again you can just eat the remainder of the meal before. You save money and you save food.

Tip 5: Doesn't fit, don't buy.
Ladies, I know we are all guilty of this sometime in our lives when we see a piece of clothing and we think it is to die for but they don't have our size. What do we do? We buy it anyway. The thing is that item may be expensive and then we never wear it because we don't have the time to fix it up so it just becomes a waste. Rather you can buy your size online or wait until they have your size. We can be blinded when it comes to clothes ;)

I hope you these tips can help you out and if you have any more tips you can comment below :)

Love you all


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate