Health on Easter

14:16

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it! :)
Hope you all got spoilt and didn't eat too much chocolate!


For those of you who follow me on Twitter and my Vlogging channel, (If not then you can click here to my page where you can find me) you will know that on Thursday last week I had to undergo a large amount of mouth surgery. I had to have 2 teeth removed, 2 root canals and 3 fillings. This was the result of always eating sugar and food which is bad for your teeth as a child and then not visiting the dentist regularly. This lead to me being in a lot of pain over the weekend.

This comes with some pros and cons: 
Pro: Jelly and Ice cream for food 
Con: Not being able to eat chocolate eggs
Pro: Can't get sick from eating too much on Easter
Con: Pain

The pain was so excruciating that I definitely don't want to have to go through it again and I wish I had listened to my parents when they told me not to eat so many sweets when I was younger. Still today I am unable to eat solid foods which can be a bit of a irritation as there are so many foods I want to eat but can't. Luckily, having experienced this I am able to give you all a few tips as to how to avoid such a terrible thing. 

Tip 1: Floss
As a child, I never used to floss at all. I used to pretend I did and just trough away pieces so my mom would think I was. >:) This is something that is extremely important which I skipped every morning. Flossing is very important because it makes sure your teeth are completely clear of anything that could possible create a cavity. It also helps to make sure your gums are healthy.

Tip 2: When to brush
Knowing when exactly to brush is extremely important. Obviously you need to be brushing your teeth after breakfast in the morning and before you go to bed at night but what you may not know is that there are a few foods which you need to brush straight after eating them. Examples are Lemon and Chocolate. Lemon is a very good example because it eats at the white of your teeth. A lot of people don't know this. It is perfectly alright to eat lemon or chocolate BUT you need to remember to brush your teeth straight afterwards! I bet you didn't think of that while scoffing your Easter chocolates ;)

Tip 3: Sweets are a big No-No
I know, I know, Sweets are delicious and well... sweet but these are the things which caused my teeth to be in the condition they were. It's alright to have a few sweets but it's the sweets that stick to your teeth that are extremely bad. They eat away at your teeth and cause pain and holes and it's just not something you ever want to go through.

Tip 4: Regular Dentist Trips
I have a fear of the dentist. 
To be completely honest, who doesn't? But this is necessary or the tiny holes you may have are going to turn from needing a filling to needing root canal to being so bad that it needs to be removed. Rather you get a filling when a hole starts to form then having it removed. It's not pleasant, I can assure you that *_*

Hopefully you don't have to be in too much pain like I was and make sure you don't eat too many chocolates! ;) I know it's hard but it'll pay off in the future when your teeth are in no pain and in great condition :)

Love you all

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate