The Road to Success

11:34


Hey everyone.
Today I want to just have a chat to you about success and failure. As a lot of you are going back to school and may even be starting exams, some of you may feel like you're under a lot of pressure. Success is not always the most important thing in the world. The only way to get to success is to fail a couple times along the way.

When you fail you should know that that means you are a step closer to success. I know it really is hard to believe but it is. The only thing you have to do is stand back up and go forward.

That's not to say that you should try to purposefully fail. That is not going to help you at all. Rather make sure you know that you most probably are going to make a mistake along the way some where but that is perfectly normal.

A success can be anything to you. It can be becoming famous, it could be surviving high school it could even be getting a job. For me, it was being able to do a practical assessment in Drama without getting nervous. I joined my Drama class in 2013. It was the middle of the year so I had already missed a whole lot of work. It was difficult to catch up but I managed.

Whenever it came to a practical assessment, I would always be so nervous that I couldn't bear to stand up if front of everyone. When I eventually did, I would forget my lines and mess up the order. My friend had the same problem as me so much so that she didn't even do a prac. It was so much pressure for the both of us for personal reasons but eventually after time and time again, we got better.

About 2 weeks ago we had to present another prac. I can honestly say that it was both of our best performances. My friend did a monologue. She stood up there all on her own and just blew us all away. I remember putting my hand to my mouth in shock at how incredible she was. My heart was warmed when the class started to cheer for her. I was even more overwhelmed when they class told me that my prac was so good that hilarious (It was supposed to be funny) I felt as though I had truly succeeded.

However, I had numerous prac where I very nearly failed. I would get so fed up about it all but now after all the hard work, it finally paid off. My point is that the journey may be difficult now and it may feel like you are making one mistake after the next but don't fear because if you fall down 7 times and stand up 8 then there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to take the next step to get there.

I hope I encouraged you to not give up and pursue whatever you are striving to. Remember to get back up again and I wish you all the success in the world :)

Love you all



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate