Places I want to visit

14:22


Ever since I can remember, I have always wanted to travel. Growing up in a big family, it was quite expensive to go on holiday and so I spent my whole life only ever travelling around my homeland, South Africa. However, these past holidays I was lucky enough to be able to travel with my family to Réunion Island. It was such an amazing experience and I just want to travel to more places to experience other cultures. So here I have listed the top places I want to visit before I die:

1. London, United Kingdom.


In my first year of high school, I met a girl who came from England. I became fascinated with her accent and whenever she spoke of her home. It intrigued me to find out more and although most people will tell you that they have been there or want to go there too, my heart is completely set on going to London. There is something about it. All the stories of the London Eye and Big Ben are incredible and I know i'll love it to bits but that's not the true reason I want to go. No, I want to go to London to experience the little things of the city. The sidewalks and pathways, the London trains - no matter how dirty and grubby, the amount of people talking in a British accent, the parks, the events, walking in the streets and the rain. I picture myself walking around and just admiring everything and I can't wait.

2. Paris, France.


I did french as a subject in the beginning of high school and through my church I have always been surrounded by french people. Something about how genuine and kind they are just draws me too them so a french place couldn't be omitted from this list. What better place than Paris. It's perfect because I am a hopeless romantic. I love the emotion that Paris has. Everyone I have ever spoken to about Paris say that it is the city of love. For a hopeless romantic, what's better? Of course I can't wait to step foot on the area that has the Eiffel Tower. It's completely cliché. BUT I'm completely okay with that because I like cliché, especially when it comes to things like love.

3. New York, United States.


Those of you who know me well will know how much I love shopping. I'm a girl who loves the city. The lights, the people, the vibe. Everyone is out and about, on some mission for the day. To me that sounds incredible. When ever I go out into the city, I love watching people and trying to figure out what they were doing that day. When I was a child, I remember my dad driving me through Durban city at night. There was so many lights and my little mind was going crazy. I want to experience the rush of having so much to look at again. That is why New York is on my list.

4. Sydney, Australia.


In South Africa, there is a risk with crime. You aren't able to safely walk around the street during the day let alone the night. My dad went to Australia as he won the trip. He came back and brought presents for us and told us all about it. He told me how he watched kids run around in the park at
10 o'clock at night. This blew me away. As a child, I wanted to be able to just take adventures everywhere but it wasn't safe. I want to go to Australia to experience a freedom like that.

5. Dublin, Ireland.


The grass is greener on the other side and Ireland has enough green to spare. Whenever I google Ireland I just get images of amazingly greenery with buildings which look like castles and everything is like it's a fantasy book in reality. I want to see what it is like to live life with castles and big buildings surrounding me, not to mention the amazing accents.

Let me know where you want to travel to. Also how many of these places have you travelled to or live in these places. I really want to hear about what I can expect from these places :)

Love you all










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate