Final days of school

15:30


I am currently in my last year of high school which means that it's almost over. For those of you who don't know, school in South Africa usually ends in the beginning of December. However, when in your last year (Grade 12 ) your year finishes early so you can prepare for finals. My last day of school is this Friday. From then on I have finals until 26 November. This means I only have 5 days left of my long 13 year journey through school. It's a pretty surreal feeling.

I have been at the same school for 13 years. I am lucky enough to be able to go to such an amazing school. Yes there have been episodes in my school career where I wished I could change school but I'm sure everyone feels like that at some stage. I was lucky to have such amazing teachers who could help me when I was stuck and guide me in the right direction. I will be forever grateful for them no matter how strict they were on me ;)

The next 5 days consist of prank week. It's a tradition that has been going on for years at my school where my year can pull pranks on the rest of the school the whole week. (As long as no boundaries are over-stepped.) We have been planning all the pranks for the last few weeks and I am beyond excited to start pranking. I won't reveal just yet what we are planning because it's not a prank if people know it's coming but possibly in an upcoming post you may find out. I really think this is a time to just go wild and have fun. It's a great time for the grade to bond and I'm totally up for it. :)

Although I'm beyond excited for school to be over, there are quite a few, no - there are many things I am going to miss at this school. The part where I can see my friends everyday is something I really going to miss. My friends are fortunately not moving far distances for university but they aren't going to be apart of my everyday life which is very unsettling.

Another thing I'm going to miss is the routine. It may sound a little confusing but having that security of knowing that you have to be a school everyday doing the same thing is far different to how I'm going to be living after school. I may wake up and have nothing to do and I won't have my homework to fill some time. It all just scares me and excites me at the same time. So maybe it is a lot confusing after all. ;)

I'm also going to miss the uniforms. Many of you may disagree but while I love fashion, I feel like in a situation where I'm running late, I may have an issue. I like to take time to plan my outfit as I'm sure a lot of you do too but if I have less time then I may get frustrated. With a uniform I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing the next day because it's already set for me.

There is a long list of things I'm going to miss but there are things I'm not going to miss too. My school was an all girls school so most of my years, I had little interaction with boys my age. This has been a bit of a struggle with me as my friends had boy friends and some had boy friends turn into boyfriends. Yet I was here, not knowing any boys. I think this is one of the only issues with going to an all girls school because I wasn't used to being around boys, it made me uncomfortable when I did actually meet boys. It was difficult for me at first but that doesn't mean I was boy-shy forever. If you're at an all girls school or are going to one then don't worry about being awkward around boys because with time you'll ease up just like I did and just treat them as just another person. Other things I'm not going to miss are being around moody girls and typical judging from hundreds of girls, long assemblies, tests and exams, detention, certain teachers, etc.

If by now you still don't understand what my point to all this is - School is an amazing thing when you forget about the negatives. I'm sad about leaving but happy to move on. I have had 13 years of being taught certain life values (as well as some useless things like geometry.) I couldn't have wished for a better schooling career and I'm so grateful to my parents (and my teachers) for helping me through it. With only 5 days left, I cannot believe it's almost over and now is the time I just want it all to slow down so I can enjoy it. My point now is for you all to look at your blessings you get from your school (comment down them if you want to)  and spend the very next school day, enjoying it. There were far too many days where I sat at my desk and just wished to day to pass. Just one day, appreciate the school program and let me know how you felt.

Love you all


P.S. Good Luck to those still in school and to those writing finals.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate