Getting Down and Dirty

15:24


Last weekend I took a drive with a few of my friends to an event that went overnight. This meant that we would all have to camp for the night. The event was held at a campsite by a dam. It was an interesting experience and I'd like to share it with you.

On the Friday I met up with my friend at her house. This was so we could prep for the next day. I stayed the night and at 2am we woke up on Saturday morning to get ready, pack the car and leave. Along the route we met up with some more friends and followed each other to the campsite. We arrived at around 4:30am. There we waited, in the cold for the gates to open at 6am. The line was incredibly long but we wanted to get there early so we could get a nice camping spot. The wait wasn't as bad as I expected. There were probably 200 cars in front of us and some people were playing music from there cars. Everyone had parked and were walking around talking with people while we watched the sunrise. It was a really great vibe.

Eventually at about 6:30am the cars started moving forwards. When we got the the front of the line, we presented our ID's (Since it was an over 18 event) and moved on to get our car searched. What we didn't realize was that we weren't allowed to bring in glass so our cooler box which held the alcohol bottles for the night was pulled out and we were told that we had to put them into plastic bottles or leave them. With that we all got out and began pouring the liquid into plastic bottles, laughing. After that we got our event bands and got too our camp spot where our friends were holding our spot. The next task was to pitch the tent.

Now none of my friends with whom I was camping with had a tent besides me. So I brought along a tent to fit 4 of us. One person had dropped out so it meant that there was 3 of us that would be pitching the tent and sleeping in it. At this point it was close to 8am. There was no instructions on how to pitch the tent. Fortunately my dad had briefed me on how to pitch it so after about 20 minutes we got the tent up. The event only began at 12 in the morning so we had plenty of time to relax with friends. That was probably the best part of the event. We sat in camp chairs, talking and enjoying each other's company. We also took this opportunity to walk around and familiarise ourselves with the camp as well as locate other friend's camps.

The event started at 12 and was scheduled to finish at 5am the next morning. It basically consisted of 3 massive tents each with their own set of DJs playing different genres of music throughout the entire event for people to go a dance to and have a good time. We decided to go in at around 3pm. The music was great and I had a great time dancing with all my friends. After ages of dancing we went back to camp to chill a little bit. Bearing in mind that we had been up since 2am, some of us took this opportunity to take a nap.

Time passed and I was sitting in the tent with 3 other friends. We were all just messing around and laughing while the rain poured down. Almost out of no where the rain cover for the tent suddenly blew off, leaving us all getting soaked at the rain poured into the tent. I leaped out of the tent, in socks and my hoodie, to go and rescue the rain cover and to cover the now soaking wet tent. One of my friends helped me in securing the rain cover with tent pegs and once secured, we ran inside on zipped up the door. We were both soaking wet and cold. We began laughing yet again while I tried to get warm. Minutes later, there was another gust of wind and the rain cover blew off again, I ran again to secure it, this time securing it with wind-proof pegs from my car. From then the tent was pretty secure. Even though I was soaking wet with no change of clothes. I ended up borrowing a hoodie from a friend.

The rest of the night consisted of us talking and napping until around 3:30am where we decided to go to the bathroom and then get ready to go dance again. However by the time we came out of the bathroom, the event had ended early just before 4am. We were upset about that but we decided to instead go and make a bonfire and chill for a bit before turning in for the night.

The morning arrived and we had to leave before 10am or we'd have to pay for another day and so we packed up and chilled a bit before getting in the car a traveling back home.






The entire trip was packed with fun and memories and I can't wait until next time. It was a great time spent with friends and I'll never forget it. If you ever get the opportunity to go camping with your friends the definitely go for it even if you don't like camping because you'll have memories that will last forever and you won't regret it :)

Love always










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate