Tea & Books Ep1

12:19

Hi :) 
Yes this is another thing that I am introducing to my blog :) Basically we are having a little book club because I feel like this is a place where a can share my love of tea and so why not what book I'm reading too :) I don't really have a certain time for when I will definitely be posting these so they will be like little surprises ;) So today's book is long overdue but I am finally reviewing The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.



I read this book a while ago and I can't say I didn't feel attached. John Green has a way in which he writes that sort of forces you to feel connected to the character. For those of you who haven't read the book, it's basically a love story between two cancer patients (Hazel and Augustus) who share a love/hate feeling about the only book written by an author. There are twists and turns and highs and lows throughout the book.

Although I don't have an experience with cancer as terrible as Hazel or Augustus or anyone in the book, I felt like I did throughout the book. I felt like I was reading the story of a friend. My emotions went through a roller coaster ride. Never have I ever read a book that has captured me as much as John Green's book. From the minute I started reading the book, I was hooked. I would spend hours going into the night, reading "just one more chapter" which ended up being another 4 chapters.

The story was so amazing because one minute everything was going well and you were so happy for Hazel and then BOOM! John hits us with something huge that changes everything. It's a book that really makes you think without you knowing it. You cry, you laugh and you smile throughout the book. 

When I went to buy the book from Exclusive Books, the guy at the check out point started telling me about this girl who the book was based on. He showed me the actual book about her story and I was very interested. Now, after reading The Fault in Our Stars, I am really interested and I really want to read all about her. I just think it would be really benefitting to read and learn about how serious cancer is. Before The Fault in Our Stars, I can honestly say that I didn't think cancer was that serious. This is mainly because my aunt had breast cancer and she survive. I figured that cancer was just an illness that you get definitely better from after a lot of medication. This is what I realized was not the case at all. 

It scares me to look at how many people are dying from cancer and how many have already died. Just looking at the stats and how many different types of cancer there are, just blows me away. Also the scariest thing is that more than often, cancer is only found in the later stages of it. And to make it even worse, it can be found at any age. Small children can get it and elder people can also get it. Cancer has been killing way too many people for way too long and I think that John Green has just let another large amount of people more aware of it with his book. His book may have been a life saver for people because they could have had a check just incase and found out that they have cancer. Cancer can be healed as long as it is treated well and found before it's too late. I really recommend going for a check up if you haven't in a while or if you feel anything lumps or anything unusual about your body. It could save your life! 

I really think that The Fault in Our Stars has changed and impacted so many lives. If you have not read it yet then I recommend it to you because it will literally change the way you think about Cancer. 

John Green did a really good job and that is why I have been really excited to read more of his books. I've picked up Paper Towns and I think it's just as amazing. But I'll review that another time ;) 

Happy reading :)
Love you all




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate