Story of My Sunburn

16:42

Hi there! :)

Recently I went on an outing at school. We went to a village to gather stats for a task we had to do in school. I was unaware of how long we were going to be in the extreme heat of the sun and didn't bother with putting on sunblock... The results were horrible.

Basically when I got home I noticed how red my arms and face were. I could see I was burnt and I knew it was going to be bad. The first thing I did was put on some Aftersun. This felt amazing on my skin and was such a relief. It also smelt good. I used the Sola Aftersun Soothing Gel by Spar. I spent most of the evening re-appling the gel.

At the same time I bought a mini sunblock to keep in my handbag :)

When it came to showering time, I heard quite a bit about either having a hot shower or having a cold shower is better, so I did some research and found out that hot water releaves the skin but doesn't heal it, cold water heals it but doesn't make it painless. I figured, I'd rather have healthy skin and a bit of pain than having painless terrible skin. The cold shower was very refreshing and cooling. When I got out I put the Aftersun back on and climbed into bed. But nothin could prepare me for the next day...

The next day I was horrified at the sight of my face... Not at the sight of my FACE but the sight of what had HAPPENED to my face, I noticed that I actually had blisters on my forehead a nose and my face was as red as a fire truck, literally! 

My shoulders hurt really badly and I battled a bit with moving about at school. But then I came home again and put on coconut oil on my face and arms. I have heard that it does wonders for your skin and thought I'd try it out. The results were amazing.

And thankfully, the next day, the redness had gone down slightly and the puffiness had also slightly gone down. My face didn't hurt as much either. I carried out my day as usual and all was a lot better.

During the weekend my face started to peel, it wasn't pleasant but surprisingly it was over quickly. I think this is because I kept applying the Aftersun/coconut oil. And finally on Monday it was all cleared up. I was really happy to have my face back to normal and feeling healthy again. 

Things I have learnt throughout this experience are:
1. Don't go anywhere without sunblock... Even if it is cloudy.
2. Always apply Aftersun or coconut oil immediately in the event a sunburn does occur.
3. Do NOT force your skin to start peeling... This will only cause wrinkles much later!
4. As hard as it is, trying to cover up the redness is not going to work, it will either bring on more pain or it will make your skin really dry.

I urge you to all make sure you have a mini sunblock tune in your handbag, or if you're a guy, you're backpacks. Getting burnt is honestly not an experience you want to go through. It is painful and makes you looked like a tomato. 

If for some reason, you do find that you have been burnt then please treat your skin properly, if not done correctly, you could lead to numerous problems later including Skin Cancer. 

Good luck and stay safe!
Love you all

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate