Jello/Jelly Icing Cupcakes

21:37



Hey everyone
Last week Wednesday was my sister's 16th and I made these cupcakes for her. I wanted to try something different. I love cupcakes and so does my family, I mean who doesn't love them? With the thought of still wanting to do something different still in my mind I decided to just start on the cupcakes. That when I decided to put colour inside to cupcake by colouring some of the mixture.

All went well until I discovered we had little icing sugar... far from enough to make enough icing for all the cupcakes. What I did see was a packet of Jelly (know as Jello) in our cupboard and the thought of wether Jello/Jelly icing exists. While my cupcakes were in the oven I began search and surely enough I found an amazing recipe and tried it out.

Cupcake Recipe:

Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
  2. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one. Stir in the vanilla and flour just until mixed. 
  3. Place a small amount of the mixture into a small bowl and add a 1-2 drops of food colouring. Spoon the uncoloured batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly. Then spoon in the coloured batter on top.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter.
Jello/Jelly Icing:

Ingredients:
1 package Jello/Jelly (pick your flavour/colour, not sugar free)
2/3 cups sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water (must be boiling to dissolve the sugar)

Method:

  1. Put everything except boiling water in a metal/glass bowl.
  2. Turn an electric mixer on and beat together as the boiling water is added.
  3. Whip on high for five minutes. 
  4. Will frost 24 cupcakes

 








I think they came out really well and taste incredible! I highly recommend giving it a try and please let me know if you do and what you think!

Love you all

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate