Photography Tips

14:00



Hey everyone
I recently went to a Canon Roadshow. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically where the people from Canon explain some tips about taking photos and films and what cameras they use. I learnt quite a bit this year as I did last year. Today I thought I'd share the tips with you. Here are a few tips I have learnt:

1. Always shoot in raw.
I have always loved black and white photos but a tip that I have learnt is to shoot the photo in raw which means that when you take a photo, you don't add a filter before. All editing should be done afterwards to get a better photo.


2. Capture Emotion
Emotion is extremely important when taking photographs. It is the base to any photograph. A smile or serious face can evoke completely different vibes and feelings towards the photograph. Make sure you take a photo in which the lighting helps elevate the emotion. This can be done with softer tones for a happier emotion whilst harsher tones for a more gripping and serious photo.


3. Rule of thirds.
Always capture the subject of interest using the rule of thirds. The rule of thirds is very basically a guide or 3 x 3 blocks in a grid placed over the image in order to get the right composition. If you need more information then you can find out more here


4. Memories
Capture something that contains memories. Don't just take a random photo because in a couple of years, the photo won't really mean anything. Rather take photos of something you want to remember. It will also help you to take better photos because you will be more focused on getting a good photo of it - whatever it may be.


5. Have fun.
Photography, I think, comes out way better if you are having fun rather than just doing it for any other reason. It's meant to be a hobbie, something you enjoy. If you can turn it into a job then all the better. Anyone can be a photographer. It just takes heart.






I hope these tips helped. I would really like it if you could leave any other tips in the comments for us to all share our tips. Good luck and enjoy it
Love you all

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate