My top reads in 2015

15:00



2015 has really be a great year in reading for me. For those of you who may not know, I was never what you call a 'bookworm'. In fact, I used to hate reading in school. I guess that now through my last year, I wasn't being forced to read and so my love for books grew. And so, since then I have been obsessed with reading and building my collection of books.

At the beginning of the year, I set myself a goal. That goal was to read 15 books. I'm proud to say that I reached my goal. Today I want to share with you my top 3 books for the year. It's quite difficult to chose to be quite honest but in no particular order...










1. Wonder - R.J Palacio

I have already done a full review of this book which you can read here. For those of you who haven't heard of the book yet, I fully recommend checking it out. It basically about a boy who has a strange disability in the cells of his face. It contains things like how to deal with bing judged and how a friend can brighten up your day. It's a feel good read and I am absolutely in love with it.


2. All The Bright Places - Jennifer Nivan

All the Bright Places tackles the main theme of suicide and relationships. I love this books because it is so real. The story is more realistic. It's all about Violet and Finch who meet at the top of the school bell tower, both wanting to take their life. The story follows the two and how they practically saved each other up there from ending things. It's an amazing read and hits you hard. It's definitely a book you should pick up if you are wanting to understand how people think and feel in this kind of situation.

3. Girl Online - Zoë Sugg

Girl Online is a story about a girl who keeps a blog. She wants to remain anonymous so she can have a place to be herself. We follow the clumsy girl through her travels of surviving viral videos, a trip to New York, meeting boys and trying to get her panic attacks under control. Zoe Sugg is a Youtuber and Blogger and I bought her book to add to my collection because she was one of my favourite Youtuber/Bloggers. Little did I know what an incredible writer she could be. She has written a sequel called Girl Online: On Tour which I have already read. Her books are really worth the read if you're into blogging and following the life of a teenager.

I would love it if you could look into these books and possibly read them if you haven't already. If you have then let me know what you thought of them :) Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and that the last few days of 2015 and worth while! :)

Love you all




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers

Translate